Monday, February 28, 2011
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Friday, February 25, 2011
Thursday, February 24, 2011
1. I love window clings! I know, it is totally random and a bit disturbing... but I am a teacher and I love anything fun for a classroom (or in this case my home where I do daycare)... I am especially excited about the funky gel ones. (I can't believe I am admitting this!) :-) Now don't get me wrong, I don't go around putting them up all over every window... usually just in the kitchen for holidays - my daughter thinks they are a blast, especially if she can reach them, take them off, crumple them and hand them to me smiling!
2. I am addicted to my morning coffee. I make a pot and from about 7 AM - 10 AM I drink then entire thing. by myself. no cream. no sugar! Straight coffee! And I am not the slightest bit shaky or anything! It's just so delicious - and gets me thru! :-)
3. I took ballet in college and have never been in such amazing shape! It was painful (very) but I loved it and would love to take it again - my body could definitely use it too!
4. When making a s'more, I like my marshmallow BURNT - to a crisp! It grosses my husband out BIG TIME, but something about it makes my mouth water!
5. I wish Julia Roberts was my next door neighbor! I love her - her style - her laugh and I think we could be buddies!
6. One time when my husband (then my boyfriend) and I were out in a canoe - he was trying to fish and I was trying to jump out and swim (not a good mix!) and upon getting into the canoe from the little nasty swimming hole, the canoe was tipping and fish hooks were flying and HIS fish hook (complete with a worm -nightcrawler!) went into my buttocks - more like buttcheek but you get the point! I freeked out that I would maybe start foaming at the mouth because I had gotten tetnus from his nasty fish hook - but I survived - it hurt ALOT but here I am... foam free!
7. I wake up every day and greet it with the notion that it could be the best day of my life! My step-dad taught me that and he is an amazing man with a lot of knowledge and when with him he always asks me "Maggie, did you know that today could be the BEST day of your life?!"
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
I would have to say that this is one of my all time favorite "keepsakes" - it is a nest made out of horse hair. A friend of mine found it in her barn and gave it to me (love you Nancy) - the Robin's egg is not real - but makes a sweet addition to the extremely fragile nest!
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
So, arriving momentarily is the sweater that I ordered off of Athleta.com. I am VERY excited!
While I wait, I have found a couple more things that I would soooo love to have waiting at the end of my bed magically, thank you very much!
This skirt - love!
I love wishful thinking Don't you?
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Friday, February 18, 2011
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Miss Josie is battling a nasty cold - similar to everyone else right about now it seems. But it hasn't stopped her from enjoying all of the Valentine's festivities! Yesterday we hosted a party at our home - complete with cut-out cookies (made by my wonderful mother), frosting, sprinkles of every color and shape and of course VALENTINE'S! Each child had a bag to take home at the end of the party - after filling up on PIZZA!
All in all it was a complete success - the kids got to play and eat cookies, chocolate, lick frosting off of spoons, etc. etc. etc. and the mommy's got to visit - drink Caribou coffee - and perform crowd control! A STUPENDOUS day! And afterwards.... we napped!
Here are a few pic's from the day:
I hope you all have a wonderful "day after" Valentine's Day!
Monday, February 14, 2011
Friday, February 11, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
~I have a VERY VERY VERY dear mama who is always helping me fill my holiday bins, and her eye can catch the most wonderful details.... Such as a vintage postcard in a frog:
~I snatched up this vintage Valentine's banner at an occasional sale called "The Mustard Moon" (in Carver, MN) several weeks ago - and I was SHAKING IN MY BOOTS when I saw it! It was calling my name, so of course I listened and promptly bought it, brought it home and have it hanging in my kitchen:
I also cozied up a nook in my kitchen in honor of St.Valentine with another postcard and FABULOUS apron my mom got at an antique store! (I love my mom!)
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Sorry for the delay in the new post! Life has been keeping me rather busy and by about 7:00 PM every evening... I walk past my hubby rocking our sweet little girl in the rocking chair (their daddy-Josie time) and watching the original Dukes of Hazzard - after a quick sigh and smile I remember that my heating pad is in warming up my spot on my bed and go climb in!!! With a book in hand and there I sit until I drift off - oh, around 7:30 or 8 PM (sad.... I know!) This FREEZING COLD WINTER HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am envisioning warm summer evenings watering my flowers, taking walks with the dog, pushing Josie in her swing as she giggles! All of this aside, I find myself justifying my wanting to be in bed so early... but know that the windchill of about -45 does that for me! Oh yes, and let's not forget the sun going down at about 3:00 PM.
I know that Spring is on it's way... and until then I will leave you with these WARM WEATHER PHOTOS:
Was my baby actually ever this little???????????????? (Still just as messy though!)
My BEEEEAUTIFUL Passion Plant.
Ahhhh Mexico! Be still my heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can feel the 90 degrees right now! :-) Glorious!
Ok...that is about all for now... BUT... this just in: Josie has a babysitter Friday night and the hubster and I are going out to dinner and a movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Doing a cartwheel right now!)