Wednesday, February 23, 2011

All things SPRING!

Valentine's Day has come and gone - and all of the decor for Saint Valentine has been packed away! I didn't want to get out all of my Easter decorations quite yet, so I thought I would pick a select few things to enjoy until the middle of March. Of course I will probably throw in a few "green" things for St.Patrick's Day along the way too... Until then, here's something for your peepers......I LOVE forsythia! It reminds me of the south and the yellow shouts "SPRING!" The pussy willows are actually lit up - I got them at an antique/some new/consignment store (called Serendipity) last Spring.

This is from an antique store - the yummy turquoise color on the tin is one of my fav's - and Mister Peter Cottontale is dang cute too!

I would have to say that this is one of my all time favorite "keepsakes" - it is a nest made out of horse hair. A friend of mine found it in her barn and gave it to me (love you Nancy) - the Robin's egg is not real - but makes a sweet addition to the extremely fragile nest!
Continuing with the forsythia - I wrapped a garland of it around the top of my pot rack.
My darling mother snagged this vintage lamp for me at an estate sale and it's pink color brightens up my kitchen quite nicely! :-)


That's all I have gotten out thus far - but it helps to remind me - even on the days when we get 10 inches of snow - that Spring will come... it just might take it's time.


Happy Wednesday to you loves!












No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear from you!