Friday, February 18, 2011

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

So.... I think it is so much fun to read on peoples blogs what brings them JOY or what makes them HAPPY! After all, it truly is about the "little things" in life don't you agree?
In honor of letting our lights shine, and finding happiness in things, I would like to share some things that I am "all about" lately... Here you go:
~I LOOOVE the first sip of coffee in the morning. Something about it's warmth and crisp taste makes me tingle! And yearn for more :-) Somedays a snorkel and goggles would be handy so I could dive right in! (Something my mama would say)
~Right now it's all about the new Aveeno detoxifying face scrub I came across at Target! The other day I went into the bathroom to, well, pee and afterwards I caught a glimpse of my face wash and scrubbed my face! It felt A-MAZING! Like I said earlier... it's the little things in life that can put a smile on a persons face!
~I haven't worn makeup since January 1st of this year and I have never felt better! I am spending the time that I would "fussing" doing something else that feels productive :-) Making a big breakfast, getting down on the floor and playing with Josie, coming up with a new craft for the kids, you get the idea!
~Tulips! Ever since the tulips have come out for sale at our grocery store, I have bought a bunch and had them in a big vase on my kitchen table! They are bright, Springy reminders that the snow soon shall melt (we hope!)
~It really is all about watching my daughter PLAY! Some things I have noticed: she is a leader, loves to hold dolls and pretend to feed them bottles, problem solves when dressing her Dora doll, stacks blocks oh so carefully (and then knocks them over and laughs), almost always has a purse (or 2 or 3) on her shoulder and a phone in her hand (now who on earth could she have seen do that!?)
~It's all about simplifying, finding joy in any situation that I catch myself in, bringing the BEST out in myself, showing kindness and compassion, being genuine and me! The BEST ME I CAN BE!!!! :-)
I hope you all have a wonderful Friday and relaxing - enjoyable weekend! I ordered a fresh robin's egg blue sweater out of Athleta (www.athleta.com) and am waiting for it to arrive on my doorstep! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Digging out the Spring clothing is SWEET - if you ask me, and I may just decide to live in this until long sleeves are no longer necessary!!!
Peace,
Maggie
P.S. It's all about the "Candle-lit" yoga that I think I am going to go to Sunday night :-) Sounds heavenly!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear from you!