Friday, April 22, 2011

An A-W-A-R-D!!!

Guess what?


I received an AWARD!!!!

From who, you might ask?

Well, from the darling.

talented.

sweet.

ever-so-gracious...


Miss Rachel over at "A Little Bit Vintage" - that's who!!! (Thanks Rach!)


The splen-diddly-endid award is:

And I am SUPER STOKED about it because it is my FIRST BLOGGY AWARD!!!

So here are the rules (yes, there are rules! I am totally digging it!)


1. Thank and link back to the blog that gave you the award. (I love ya Rachel!)


2. Share 7 things about yourself.


3. Award 5 great bloggers.


4. Contact the bloggers to let them know you have given them an award. (My favorite part!)


Ok.... so on with the show.... 7 things about me:


1. When I drink a can of pop, I open it (duh!) and immediately twist and turn 'til the pop tab comes off and put it IN THE CAN! I am an idiot. I know. I have almost choked many times on Mister Pop Tab, but it totally hasn't stopped the nast habit. (Sorry!)


2. I like to sleep on a cold pillow, so many times during the night I will wake up. Flip over my pillow. And rest my head on the cooler side of the pillow. Hmmmm... strange? Maybe. A good nights sleep? Oh YEAH!


3. I have a very hard time turning down a dare. I may make a fool of myself, but a dare is a dare and I dare not turn it down!


4. I LOVE to ride horse! You may already know this, but I wanted to share it anyways! This past January I had the chance to ride horse on the beach and it was probably one of the best experiences ever!!! We soared! It felt magical... and I can still hear the horses hooves in the wet sand... it was miraculous. Pictures? Ummm... yeah, the camera was in a truck somewhere back at the ranch. :-( Boo! (Riding bareback at the Chase farmstead!)

5. I love to go to the fair. We have an amazing State Fair here in grand ole' Minnesota and it pretty much is the hugest thang EVER! The food is my favorite part! (Cheese curds. Corn dogs. Deep fat fried candy bars? Not so much!)


6. When I was a nurses aide at a nursing home, I took care of a woman who not only had met, shook hands and shared a beverage with ELVIS, but he even kissed her! (She wouldn't tell me where... Hmmm...) Sometimes when I would get her dressed in the morning I would sing "you Ain't Nothin' But A Hound dog...." in my best Elvis voice! It made her smile :-) This very woman was also a pilot back in her day! I loved her!


7. I am so glad I started a blog! Do I have umpteen followers? No! Do I blog everyday? No! But do I get joy out of meeting amazing women and reading their stories? YES YES YES! This has been such a wonderful journey for me, and I have met some pretty outstanding women... I feel so blessed to have found them, and even more blessed that they found me and took time to stop and say "Hey!" So for all of you AWESOME CHICAS out there : Thanks for blessing little old me! You have made my day! :-)


---->Oooooo.... Now I get the pleasure of awarding 5 lovelies..... So, here they are (in no particular order):


~1. Christi at Grey Umbrella


~2. Alyss at Oh What A Day It Is Today


~3. Andi at Jane Of All Crafts


~4. Melissa at The Scarlet Cardinal


~5. Dawn at Beyond Grace


*** Have a BLESSED Easter y'all!***


Love Love.


~Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear from you!