Monday, May 7, 2012

did you say Anthropologie? Yes, yes I did!!!

Good 
Monday 
Morning
my 
sweet
chick-a-dee's!
** I say that as there is a plethora of birds chirping in my backyard!  I opened the window and it is like pure springtime bliss back there... birds, crickets, frogs galore!!!
I laid in bed listening to my very own lullaby going on outside last night, and wondered what it would be like if I lived in a city and went to bed hearing cars driving by instead.....
kind of made me want to take my pillow outside and savor it all - for a little bit - then come back inside and enjoy it from my bed!
:) 
I feel blessed! 
now, if I could whip up a garden, and have beauteous flowers like these, 
I would really be crack-a-lack-in!!!!
***********************************
Did you have a good weekend?
Mine was amazing!!!!
I visited old friends that I haven't seen in WAAAAY too many years,
and got to see 2 of the 3 boys that I took care of in Middle and High School 
- they are now in there teens people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love these boys as if they were my own!!!!
The eldest was out of town for the morning, but next time he's all mine!
:)
Turns out we don't live too terribly far from each other, so a grill out/kayak date is in the works!
It absolutely warmed my heart to hug these boys (and their mom and dad!!!) they were such a huge part of my life, and I am beyond thrilled to have them back in my life again!
No morning Starbucks date would be complete without a little trip over to Anthropologie,
so that's where we headed!
Natalie and I (Natalie is the mama to these 2 stud muffin boys!) and Josie, of course, went and swooned over everything pretty much at Anthro.... and I snagged the most comfortable shirt created..
Loving the burnt orange color!
AND my new phone!!!!
:)
mine went ca put, so we spent an hour in Verizon Saturday evening trying to get everything squared away!
I will say this - and say it proudly....
they were all about the Smart Phones, and while I think they are amazing, it's just not for me!
Kind of made my head spin thinking of all of the gadgets, app's, etc....
So I opted for a "simple yet smart" version of a smart phone - and saved money AND they had a cute little pink cover for my phone too!!!
:)
I think the Verizon staff could sense us slowing loosing our minds trying to entertain Josie this entire time, so they were giving their "order" to her - 
she had a little notebook and pen and was asking us if we wanted 
"chicken nuggets and chocolate milk"
The child never seizes to make me grin!
*********************************************
Have a blessed DAY!
I leave you with this....
"What the eye sees better the heart feels more deeply.
We not only increase the likelihood of our being moved;
we also run the risks that being moved entails.  Seeing increases
our vulnerability to being recruited to the welfare of another."
-Robert Kegan, The Evolving Self

{I just finished reading Ashley Judd's memoir and if left me feeling in AWE!!}

1 comment:

  1. I love the pic of you and the boys. I ran into a student who was once my 5th grader and he was 22 and over 6 feet tall! I need to make an Anthro visit soon. I just love strolling through the store even if I don't buy anything. Have a great day. : )

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you!